Whey, Casein & Lactose Products
Casein, lactose and whey increase the nutritional value and improve the texture of food.
Casein is the major protein in cows’ milk, and comprises about 80 % of the total protein content of which the rest, some 20 %, are whey or serum proteins. Casein is the basic component of ordinary cheese. In the cheese-making process, casein is precipitated by the action of rennet enzymes, and a coagulum is formed consisting of casein, whey proteins, fat, lactose and the minerals of the milk.
Whey, the liquid residue of cheese, casein and yoghurt production, is one of the biggest reservoirs of food protein available today. Whey comprises 80 – 90% of the total volume of milk entering the process and contains about 50% of the nutrients in the original milk: soluble protein, lactose, vitamins and minerals.
Equipment from HRS helps produce these products under safe, hygienic conditions, with focus on profitability:
- Scraped Surface Heat Exchangers
- Hygienic Multi Tube Heat Exchangers : HRS MI Series & HRS MR Series
- Hygienic Double Tube Heat Exchangers: HRS DTA Series
- Annular Space Heat Exchangers: HRS AS Series
- Piston Pumps: HRS BP Series
- Aseptic Fillers: HRS AF Series
- Food Processing Systems
- Plate Heat Exchangers: HRS PHE Series