Pharmaceutical Heat Exchangers – HRS F Series
The HRS F Series heat exchanger is an all stainless steel shell and tube heat exchanger designed for the pharmaceutical industry. The product to be heated or cooled flows through the interior tubes and the media fluid flows through the surrounding shell.
The F Series is the ideal heat exchanger for applications such as Water for Injection (WFI) processing. Corrugated tubes are used to increase heat transfer rates, making the F Series much more efficient than normal smooth tube heat exchangers.
For extra protection in the case of a leak, a double tube plate is fitted to avoid cross contamination between the shell and tube side fluids. The tube side connection is manufactured as an ASME BPE clamp finish. An expansion bellow is fitted in the outer shell for absorbing the differential expansion between the shell and the inner tubes.
TYPICAL APPLICATIONS OF THE HRS F SERIES HEAT EXCHANGER INCLUDE:
- Water to water
- Steam to water
- Heating / Cooling
Designed in accordance with ASME
- Shell side: AISI 304 stainless steel, or AISI 316L stainless steel
- Tube side: AISI 316L stainless steel
- Shell side: Flange
- Tube side: ASME BPE clamp
- Shell side: externally polished
- Tube side: <0.4 microns (with or without electropolishing)
- Shell side: 147 PSI/365º F
- Tube side: 147 PSI/365º F
© 2017 HRS Heat Exchangers. All Rights Reserved