Annular Space – HRS AS Series
The HRS AS Series is a fully stainless steel heat exchanger consisting of three concentric tubes. The product flows through the annulus between the outermost and innermost tubes, and the media fluid flows in the other two channels. The product is therefore heated or cooled from both sides.
Corrugated tubes are used to increase heat transfer rates and reduce fouling, which results in a highly efficient heat exchanger for difficult heat transfer applications.
An expansion bellow is fitted in the outer shell for absorbing the differential expansion between the shell and the second tube and the innermost tube is removable, which allows for inspection of the product annulus. For larger installations, multiple units can be interconnected and mounted in a frame.
TYPICAL APPLICATIONS OF THE HRS AS SERIES HEAT EXCHANGER INCLUDE:
- Medium to high viscosity fluids
- Fluids containing fibres or small particles
- Food and industrial applications
- Service side: AISI 304 stainless steel
- Product side: AISI 316L stainless steel
- Service side: flanged
- Product side: clamp
- External Finish: Satin or Polished
- Product side: <0.8 microns
- Service side: 10 bar(g) / 150 oC
- Tube side: 10 bar(g) / 150 oC
© 2018 HRS Heat Exchangers. All Rights Reserved